Today, if a business isn’t online it doesn’t exist. But as more and more businesses compete online, it becomes harder to stand out. The solution? VIDEO. Right now video appears in 70% of the top 100 search results listings. By 2017, videos will be responsible for 74% of all Internet traffic. Let’s face it. People skip the book and watch the movie. Online retailers report that visitors are 144% more likely to purchase after seeing a product video than those who did not. If you own a business, you can’t afford to ignore online video marketing.
10 Reasons Why Every Business Owner Should Use Video In Their Website and Marketing:
- More people are watching online videos regularly
- 45% of Internet users (100 million people) view at least one video online daily over the course of every month, according to (comScore)
- Videos are growing popularity among mobile-device users
- 33% of tablet users watch a full 1-hour of video daily
- 28% of smartphone users watch at least 1 video daily.
- Attention spans are becoming shorter
- The British newspaper, The Telegraph, reported in 2015 that a scientific study showed the average human attention span has fallen from 12 seconds in 200 to 8 seconds.
- Short videos are becoming the solution for people who want to be informed and entertained at the same time. A study by Animoto says that four times as many consumers prefer to watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Videos deliver results
- 46% of people who watch a video on business website take action after viewing it, according to Forrester Research.
- Shoppers use videos to make a decision
- 90% of online shoppers at major retailers’ websites said they find video helpful in making shopping and buying decisions. Retailers reported that productions with video sell a lot more than products with no video. (comScore)
- Videos reach a high level of decision makers
- According to a Forbes survey, 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week. 50% of them watch business-related videos on YouTube, while 65% of them reported they visit the marketer’s website after viewing a video.
- Videos make consumers buy and stay on your site
- ComScore reports that 64% of website visitors are more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video. Furthermore, website visitors who view videos stay on the site 2 minutes longer on average, in comparison with those who don’t view videos.
- People retain videos better
- 80% of Internet users recall watching a video ad on a website they visited in the past 30 days, according to the Online Publishers Association.
- Videos increase click-throughs
- When including a marketing video or explainer video in an email, the click-through rate increases by an average of 200% to 300%, according to a Forrester Research survey among businesses.
- Videos help you retain email subscribers
- Including a video in an introductory email reduced the number of subscriber opt-outs by 75%, according to Eloqua, an automated email-marketing provider.
So let’s recap:
Video marketing increases sales, leads, and people’s interest and retention. Businesses that incorporate video into their marketing strategy see higher engagement rates, higher click-through rates and higher conversion rates.
Don’t lose customers to other businesses who use video.